LilibetLoves Etsy

Wednesday 29 January 2014

The Very Hungry Caterpillar!

A dear friend of mine is expecting her first baby very soon. Like most expectant mums , she has been planning her nursery. Her & her partner have chosen a literary theme & I think one of her favourite stories is of the Very Hungry Caterpillar. I have been nominated to make a very cute outfit for her little girl to wear when she has a newborn photo shoot at some time. It was found originally on Facebook.


The little outfit was from this seller. http://kbeanies.co.uk/BABY-BEANIE-SHOP.php. 

I know this is quite a simple project & I would be able to create something similar without te help of a pattern. I set about looking for suitable yarn in my stash & came up with some very nice yarns. Being a crocheted item , I know it will use a lot of yarn which is fine , seeing as I have so much of it anyway!
I have made a start this evening & I am about half way up the cocoon. If the light is good tomorrow I should be able to take some reasonable pictures of my progress so far.


These yarns were just meant to be !

No comments:

Post a Comment